Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shocking Days, Equal Battles and Potty Parties!

Well, it has been a while since I have written. Been pretty busy with all kinds of crazy things going on, but have finally found the time.. no, MADE the time to sit down and update my blog.

Last Friday I went and had my Gender Ultrasound and found out what we are having. I have to admit, because my policy is honesty.. that I was SHOCKED! Not disappointed, or upset... but SHOCKED! I spent the entire ultrasound thinking one thing, the heart rate seemingly confirmed my belief and at the end of the ordeal the technician told me the gender and I admit... I stopped breathing for a second. I honestly looked right at her and said: "REALLY!?", "Are you sure!?" The technician then pointed out what confirmed her analysis and I just sat there in shock for a second. I was so sure. But, I was wrong! It took me a while to come to grips with the fact that there is a little girl growing in my belly. A GIRL!? Is that even possible? I am such a Tom boy I just assumed that I'd end up with two boys to rough house and play together. I have spent the past week looking at girly stuff for baby girl online, buying a few pink things here and there and trying to picture my life with a little girl in it. And I have finally convinced myself that yes, there is in fact a girl in my belly. Now, that the shock has worn off and the wave of terror rolled off my back (Terror because I feel like if it were a boy I would have know a bit better what to expect, and now I am back to square one.) I am feeling so excited I can't even contain it. A GIRL! Ha Ha Husband/Daddy your dreams of 3 against 1 have now turned into an equal battle of the sexes and Baby girl and I will win with our sweet smiles and long eyelashes. This is going to be a totally different experience! I am pumped. Little Man seemingly understands that it's a girl in my belly now, he is excited too! I am glad he's excited! Husband/Daddy's reaction was nothing short of dramatic. He's excited but also thinking way too far in advance. His response was: "What if she get's pregnant at 16!?" My response: "Dude, she not even born yet, lets worry about diapers first." But, we will be having a girl and she's going to have him wrapped around her little finger. Daddy's Little Girl. Let's hope she's luckier than I and gets to spend a lot more of her life with her father than I did. My Dad passed away when I was 14 and I was a Daddy's girl myself.

On Another note Little Man is making me super duper happy himself. I have been trying to get him potty trained for a year now and he just wasn't receptive to the idea. He had absolutely NO interest in using the potty and sadly even bribing him with treats wasn't working. In fact, there was one day back when when he decided that he would at least try to go potty and after that day, things went back down hill because he never once actually did his business in the potty. Well, Ladies and gentlemen Little man has decided that he is ready. He has done really well in the past 3 days telling me when he has to pee pee. He has yet to poop in the potty yet but I am just happy that he has been going pee so often that he has only really wet a diaper a few times in the last three days, and then he tells me he had an accident. It all started with Little Man in the Bathtub. I told him he wasn't allowed to go Pee Pee in the tub or his bath was over, happened once before he realized I was serious and decided that while in the tub he would tell me if he had to piddle. Once having peed for the first time in the potty and realizing the sensation he put all the pieces of the puzzle together (and got a big treat) and now he's doing it frequently. All that work and had I have just waited until now I would have been far less stressed because he's pretty much doing it himself. I guess he wasn't ready before. Lesson of the day for me? There was no need to push him, he told me he was ready." Clear as day!

Well, I am off... Let's hope he can poop in the potty soon, I am REALLY sick of diapers and have a whole new batch coming in October... Sheesh!

2 comments:

  1. Like your posts , cool blog and now following you!
    Angelica
    http://SimplyAngelicam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember potty parties with my daughter - those were the days when I felt like I LIVED in the washroom - literally! We read and told LOTS of stories!!!

    ReplyDelete

Best Blogger Tips