Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday.. the Not so Fun Day!

Well the Weekend is over and the daily grind starts again. Husband/Daddy is back at work and I am back to trying to get things done. The house is always a mess after the weekend and I hate utilizing Monday's to clean but I do it anyways.

This morning was not our typical Monday morning. Little Man was up at 6am this morning. He hasn't been feeling well lately and although he seems to be getting better he woke up this morning with a stuffy nose. I tried to get him to go back to sleep but by 7 he just wasn't having it and Husband/Daddy had to go to work. So, Husband/Daddy grabbed him and brought him into our room and then left for the day. Little man was telling me that he was "Sick" so I tucked him into our bed and we drifted off to dreamland together. It was glorious. I Have not been the kind of parent that co-sleeps but as long as he sleeps in his own bed at night time, if he's not feeling well he is more than welcome in our bed in the morning to snuggle and watch some cartoons. I woke up around 9:30 and he was still snuggled in beside me. He asked me if we could watch some cartoons, I was kind of shocked so I asked him: "Don't you want to get out of bed and go get some breakfast?" He replied with a: "No Mommy, I sick, I snuggle in Mommy's bed." So, I grabbed him some water and we snuggled a little longer and watched some cartoons. Around 10 we headed downstairs where I fed him some cereal and he reluctantly ate it. I then check the Weather and decided that we would be ok to go for a walk to the grocery store and get some stuff we were missing as it wasn't supposed to rain until later this afternoon. Pffft, I should have known. We got 3/4 of the way there and it started to POUR! We ran into one of the local stores and bought a cheap umbrella since we don't own one and started across the street to the grocery store. Well, the wind picked up and the umbrella wasn't doing anything. We ran into the store and grabbed what we needed and ended up having to cab it back. POOP. The walk would have been cheaper but I didn't feel like letting the umbrella carry us away because in NO way am I Mary Poppins.

Once we got home the sun came out and it looks rather beautiful. So much for THAT weather forecast!

This weekend was a full one. Saturday was beautiful and after a whole week of being trapped in the house because of the rain we decided to take full advantage of it. We went to the park and played for hours. Little Man enjoyed it so much, and I got to soak up some much needed Vitamin D. Husband/Daddy and I have been looking around at baby furniture lately and trying to get some deals since the last year has left us at a loss for an abundance of funds. But we are managing and always will. We obtained a crib over the weekend thanks to my Mother In Law. (Gramma T). So that's a good thing, one less thing to worry about.

Now, I think I am going to clean a little like I usually do, throw some laundry in and then perhaps Little Man and I will head outside to enjoy this weather.. if it doesn't start randomly snowing or something.


  1. Great site, beautiful pics of your family!

    Following you on GFC now from the Canadian Blog Hop.

  2. I call my son little man too!

    Did you know a little birdie floats across your page? I'm not sure what it is, but it's kind of cute.

  3. Its a twitter bird. If you click on it it takes you to my twitter profile :D LOL! Thanks for the visit!

  4. I caught your name in the comments section at Scary Mommy. We must be related! I'm Ninja Mom. :)

  5. followed gfc . Please follow me at

  6. Thank you so much you guys! Hi ninja mom! We MUST be related. I assume you have been blogging a bit longer than me lol. Sorry for the same name. I swear I didn't copy anyone intentionally!!