Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coffee, Pee, Vomit and a Date with The Floor

This morning was one of those mornings when you wake up refreshed for the day, you open your eyes and see the light spreading through the curtains and realize... It's time to start the day... you know... the kind of mornings you USED to have before you had kids....

Which leads me to the next part of my morning... WHAT TIME IS IT!? WHERE IS LITTLE MAN!? DID I SLEEP IN!? WHY IS HE SO QUIET!? Thats right... the ever so wonderful... Mommy Maniac Panic Time!!! I struggle my way out of the bed, my feet get stuck in the sheets and I somehow manage to have a date with the floor.. it was about time.. I mean, I have been leading him on for weeks accident free.. You're welcome Floor.. next time buy me dinner first... I recover from my date... and get off the floor, Rush out of my room and to little man's door. I slowly open it and.. he's still in bed.. fast asleep... Ok.. so that panic was for nothing at all..

I close the door as quietly as possible and check my phone to see what time it is... No we don't have a clock on our night stand.... It's only 7:45am. Where did THAT panic come from!?

Now feeling jubilant about my new found free time I decide it's time to put some pants on and make the 15 minuet trek down the stairs to perhaps make myself something highly caffeinated before little man wakes up. I take it slow, after all, I have already had a date with the floor and it's kind of slutty to have two separate dates on the same day... the stairs are going to have to take a rain check....

I get to the bottom of the stairs and hear: "Mommy!?"... Oh joy... No quiet cup of coffee this morning. And so begins my trek back up the stairs... I open little man's door and the first thing he says to me is "I Wet." Oh JOY! Thank goodness I have an extra set of sheets that are clean... Stupid Diapers.. 12 hours protection my ass... So, non-caffeinated and still a little sore from my date with the floor... I change little man's clothes, Change the sheets and blankets on his bed and now we both head downstairs.... Well there goes 2 hours of my morning spent in stairs and sheets already... All I wanted was a coffee...

We finally make it down the stairs and he eats breakfast and I continue on to make myself a coffee... just as the coffee is brewed... The dog pukes... and I have decided I no longer drink coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips