Friday, March 4, 2011

Moving, Unpacking and Pulling Teeth

So, Here I am finally updating. I NEVER go this long without writing but unfortunatly My lovely Hubster had decided that when he packed my computer.. (Not positive as to why in the world I let him pack it) he wasn't going to include the power cord for the tower in the box. I managed to get everything else unpacked on Sunday with the help of my little sister/Aunt Jack but left the Computer until last as I didn't have a computer desk or a screen at the time.

I still don't have a desk, I just set it up on the kitchen counter today.. because let's face it, I can't handle not writing for that long and I was starting to go stir crazy. As I was trying to set it up, that's when I noticed that I didn't have the power cord for the tower. I spent 3 hours on the phone to tech support for my computer as I had found another power cord in a different box but didn't want to use it if it wasn't the right one for the computer. Funny, because Hubster didn't have to look for HIS PS3 cable at all in the move and had his PS3 set up in a second flat the first evening we were here... Hmph.

The move went well. I had a ton of help this time around and things went rather quickly. Although my sister (apparently an avid reader of my blog) constantly kept reminding me "It's icy there be careful","Watch yourself, don't trip". I suppose she was right because as usual I fell at least once, managed to get myself stuck in between furniture and somehow avoided a date with my brand new stairs! But those stairs need to be christened and I am sure it will happen soon.

Little Man stayed at Papa and Jay Jay's for the weekend and we got everything finished. When he came back to the new place on Sunday he walked in to the living room/Play area and saw all his toys unpacked and literally started vibrating he was so Happy. That made me happy too. Come Tuesday he was sick as heck. Not a wink of sleep Monday Night, up every hour and that never happens. Tuesday I was SURE he had an ear infection but couldn't get an appointment with our family Doctor until Wednesday Morning. We had a good run, he has managed to evade any sort of ear infection for the last 2 1/2 years so it was about time... Come Thursday he had shared his virus with me. I am so proud of him, I have always told him to share.. guess I left out the part of NOT sharing germs. Little gremlin.

Little man also no longer has naps, and refuses to get up after 7am. So, I am up every morning around 6:30 and really don't understand how this kid can have so much energy ALL day. By Noon I just want to crawl into a kitchen cupboard and fall asleep... but inevitably Little man would find me, and probably poke me in the eye and tell me "Mommy Wake Up!" Which he tends to do even if I just rest my eyes on the couch for a moment.

My head feels like someone has crawled inside it and is banging on my forehead with tiny wooden spoons, my nose is trickling snot like there`s no tomorrow and my throat feels like someone took sand paper to it! Being sick and parenting a two year old is quite similar to going to the Dentist. In fact, its worse, because at least at the dentist when you are going through the pain of having your teeth pulled they let you sleep and then give you some drugs. I almost want to go to the dentist just to get a nap in.. perhaps I will schedule an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment