Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's For Dinner Wednesdays!


Welcome back to "What's For Dinner Wednesday!"

Today is going to be a quick and easy meal as usual. I have come to Wednesday wondering what I am going to do. Husband/Daddy is still sick. Little man has decided he doesn't eat again and I have decided that this battle is all downhill from here.. because if things don't improve I will launch myself down a hill.

Easy Beef Stroganoff

Crap you need to buy at the store:
2 tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
1 lb. beef stir fry strips
2 cups sliced mushrooms (husband/Daddy HATES mushrooms, but at this point I don't care)
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 cups water
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup sour cream

Cook it this way because a Ninja Said so:
Melt margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown steak with mushrooms. Remove from skillet; keep warm.

Stir Onion Soup Mix, water and flour into same skillet. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened. Return steak and mushrooms to skillet. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles.. I usually use egg noodles because they cook fast. I am also serving this with a garden salad.

That was this weeks "What's for Dinner Wednesday!" Stay tuned for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips