Thursday, April 14, 2011

2011 Gas Boycott!? Will You Help Make A Difference?

I have read Something very interesting that one of my favorite blogging teams Annette and Christine posted on their site and decided to write about it myself to raise awareness as much as possible as I think this is an issue that NEEDS to be addressed.

Have you recently driven past a gas station to look at the price posted on the sign and nearly pass out?

"Back in my day gas was .46¢/liter"

In most locations the price of gas has now risen to over $1.33/liter which is fine if you are rich and can afford to put liquid gold in your gas tank, but come on people, we are NOT all rich and can't all afford to drive to work, school or daycare using every last penny in our wallets to accommodate the climbing gas prices!

Now there IS something WE can ALL do. We can all team together and put an end to these ridiculous gas prices. On April 15th 2011 everyone throughout the world is teaming together to put an end to this insanity by refusing to purchase gas on this day.. Yep, it's tomorrow! Millions of people have decided to give the finger, (Including myself, in fact I have 1 finger on each hand they can have) to the Middle Eastern Oil Industry with high hopes to take back control of the terribly high gas prices they are forcing us to pay in order to drive anywhere. They seem to have a hold on us! THAT needs to change. If you have been affected by these high gas prices please take a stand with my friends at MommyMatter and with Me, your friendly neighborhood Ninja Mommers.

There are already several groups on Facebook teaming up in the fight against high gas prices. You can find a few of them here and here.

If we all team together and refuse to visit the gas pumps on April 15th 2011 then it would take almost 3 billion dollars... YEP, 3 BILLION Dollars... out of the oil companies pockets for just one day! So, join us all in the gas boycott and refrain from visiting the pumps tomorrow. Maybe this can make a difference!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love the ability not to buy gas tomorrow, however if thats when I get cash to fill my tank, so be it. It's not that simple my friend, and sadly it will not stop others from doing the same. We need to band together as a country and just go right up to the pump and take it. They can't stop us all from stealing gas at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Thanks for helping us raise awareness about this Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree with you my fellow Ninja. I know that one day won't do much but figured raising awareness was worth a shot :D

    ReplyDelete

Best Blogger Tips