Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Whats For Dinner Wednesday!


Well, Wednesday is back with a vengeance and I feel like I could eat everything on the planet today... But I won't.. I Will save some for everyone else.

So, Here I am. I am actually going to admit what's for Dinner tonight and I am NOT embarrassed one little bit.

Tonight's menu will include but not be limited to the following:

NINJA'S INCREDIBLY CHEESY SPINACH CASSEROLE

 Stuff to put in this Casserole:
  • 1 package medium seashell pasta
  • 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 jars tomato basil pasta sauce
  • 4 Cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 4 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Do this to cook the stuff:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, and cook the spinach 4 to 6 minutes, until tender.
  3. Place the cooked pasta in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil. Toss the pasta with the cooked spinach, egg mixture, and bread crumbs.
  4. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the baking dish, and cover with another 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with half of the Cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Layer with remaining pasta mixture, and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
  5. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned. 
I will be serving this with a VERY LARGE salad to make myself feel better about all the carbohydrates and cheese that I will be consuming.. Pfft, Who am I kidding? I don't care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips