Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hey FATTY, Don't stress out!

The main thing I keep hearing when I announce to people that I am expecting my second little hellion... erm... angel is: "Don't stress, it's bad for the baby." Oh really? Well, Thanks for that, does that mean that you are volunteering to raise my almost three year old Little Man for the next 6 Months? Does that mean that you will also take in my Husband and feed him, make sure he showers and clean up after him too? Does that also mean that you will put up with his video games and snide remarks? Because if that's what that means then I will be sure not to stress. Stress is inevitable people. It happens all the time. It happens when you least expect it. It rings your doorbell at 1pm on an otherwise sunny, bright day to tell you that you that you have an unexpected visitor who has invited themselves in to critique your appearance and the cleanliness of your home, and guess what? You had opted out of washing the floors that day to cuddle with your Little Man on the couch after a long visit at the park and a very messy lunch making excursion that lead to you changing into your pajamas and your hair is all over the place caked in peanut butter. Yet, there you are at the door staring stress in the face and you can't just shut the door on it. So, yes ladies and gentlemen while I know that being in a stressful situation is not optimal when pregnant...(Heck is it optimal when you aren't?) The possibility of stress is everywhere and you have to face it head on most of the time, pregnant or not.

The Next Peice of advice I Can't stand: "Don't gain too much weight this time." Oh thank you, Ya know, I really enjoyed the fact that I justified to myself that eating 4 cheeseburgers in one sitting while I was pregnant the first time with Little Man was a good idea, only to lead to an over 60 pound weight gain with me only losing 30 of it prior to getting pregnant the second time. I think I will do it again! Trust me, I am NOT going to do it again, but I also REFUSE to obsess about my weight. There is NOTHING wrong with indulging once in a while, so if you are out with me and I decide that I want to eat a plate of fries smothered in gravy (yep there are those fries and gravy again I just can't get them out of my head) then perhaps keep your mouth shut and instead of assuming I am eating like that ALL the time, consider the possibility that I have been craving that same thing for WEEKS and have finally given in. I AM pregnant after all and pregnancy cravings are like nothing I have ever experienced before and I refuse to completely refuse myself of everything all the time.

Sometimes People just have to trust that I know what I am doing. I am not a complete turd brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips