Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's For Dinner Wednesdays!


Welcome Back To "What's For Dinner Wednesdays!" We are the midst of moving so everything is kind of hectic. Not to mention I forgot that it was Wednesday because "family day" this week threw me off. So here is what's for dinner this Wednesday, its quick, its easy and it fills my family's tummy.


Chicken Cacciatore in My Slow Cooker...

Stuff to Use:
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 (6oz) cans of tomato paste
1 (4oz) can of sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup of dry white wine (I use unsweetened white grape juice and a squeeze of Lemon Juice instead as I don't like cooking with alcohol.)
2 garlic cloves, I like to use the small side of a grater and grate them in.
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
1 bay leaf

Place onions in the bottom of your crock pot. Add cut chicken on top.

Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.

Serve over spaghetti.

Now how easy is that? Seriously! Your taste buds will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips